The Foundation is primarily interested in providing funding for programs that fall within the guidelines of our pillars.
We seek to find established programs, operated by well-managed organizations. Benchmarks that will be applied to projects and organizations in all five pillar areas are the following:
- Strength of proposal – Foundation guidelines match
- Quality and creativity in project design, implementation and evaluation
- Quality of the applicant nonprofit’s leadership and organizational capacity
- Potential to stretch or leverage JDFF funds
- Specific interests of Trustees and/or staff
In addition to the above benchmarks, the Foundation may request that those organizations submitting full proposals for established projects include a two-year outline covering potential enhancement and sustainability as part of the application. Staff will provide guidance for such outlines.